Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Title: Archy The Flying Dolphin And The Vampire's Curse
Author: Alan Williams
Publisher: Trafford Publishing
ISBN: 9781425131517
Genre: Fiction/Children/Fantasy

About the Book (From the Back Cover): Archy The Flying Dragon & The Vampires' Curse is a children's fantasy/adventure... a roller-coaster ride of fun and excitement, where eleven year old Thomas Parkinson and his sister, Suzy, embark on a perilous voyage of discovery, where they confront the most powerful forces of evil and where danger lurks around every mysterious corner.

My impression: It is a good read, and as expected, the forces of good and love win over the forces of evil (which help to bring out the universal love and are not thus really evil!). It being a fantasy, don't expect logic (I had to keep repeating to my grown up adult ego). I could not appreciate the parents flying off to Honolulu leaving the children in that isolated place with their Uncle, but then I am an Indian and my values are different.

Editing and printing: Good.

Recommendation: Good reading for children of ten years and above.

No comments: